Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Week 9... Wikis and SandBox

A wiki is a collaborative website where the users are responsible for creating and maintaining the content. Probably the best example of a wiki is www.wikipedia.org

The wiki can be used as a Bulletin board for non profits to get information distributed about new projects, resources and activities happening in and around that particular community.

It could also be used as a News site, giving out information such as — Announcements, updates, articles and press releases about the organization and what it is doing at any given time. More like a online newsletter.

And now...for something completely different...



Sorry...getting ahead of myself. I found that little video from one of the Web 2.0 Awards List in the "food" category. I am particularly fond of chocolate martinis.

Back to business...

Add an Entry to Learning 2.0 Sandbox...OMG. It took me 3 hours to figure out exactly whose Learning 2.0 Sandbox to which I was supposed to post. To make a long story short, I finally discovered that we students at Community Development Web 2.0 are participating in a general 2.0 course (plcmclearning) that is used by many many organizations around the world. Anyway, I made my way to the plcmclearning pbwiki sandbox, and dutifully added by blog URL to the general list. Now on to Week 10 !!

No comments: