Thursday, November 27, 2008

Week 11 - Podcasts, Video & Downloadable Audio

YouTube never ceases to amaze me. There hasn't been one subject of interest, or piece of video, that I have wanted to see, that has not been available on YouTube. Here's an example - the recent Mini Wheats commercial where the little wheaties were dancing to..."Mini wheats, wheats, wheats, with vanilla flavour can't be beat...". That song rang a bell from Club Med I was at years ago (20+). So the search began. Well in probably two minutes I had it on YouTube. It was Black Lace's Agadoo. And here it is...



I checked out Podcastalley. As expected, no shortage of content there, and as I read in a fellow student's writings, there is good, bad, and ugly content available. I also went to iTunes. We just recently loaded it onto our home computer since we have our first iPod in the house now. Again, lots of content available. I especially appreciate the earlier lesson now on RSS feeds, and how it makes sense to subscribe and have content delivered to one's machine, rather than go look it up manually all the time.

Being on a lite DSL internet connection, I find the download speeds rather slow, which is frustrating. It makes sense in this case to have content downloaded while I sleep.

I tried getting onto NetLibrary, but was unable to obtain a password through the PLCMC website link at the time. Oh well. I expect that application would be a specialized form of podcast, i.e. downloadable audiobooks.

No comments: