Thursday, November 27, 2008

Week 12 (or the 23rd THING) - Course Summation

I made it. Had some trouble along the way, on the personal side, and I thought this course would fall by the wayside, but I persevered and here I am. For starters here are some answers to the pre-suggested questions from the Learning 2.0 site.

  • What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

- Creating and maintaining a blog.
- Putting YouTube or other videos into my blog posts.
  • How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I know a lot more about some of the fun things the internet has to offer besides just surfing. It takes some discipline to self learn, which I did throughout much of this course until I realized how to get to the Learning 2.0 website for tutorial instructions. So, in other words, I did this course the hard way, but I still figured it out.
  • Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Not really any surprises; instead I would say there were a couple items I simply had no idea existed, for example RSS feeds, Tagging and Technorati. Some of the other material I was already familiar with, such as Facebook, YouTube, Blogs (though I didn't have one of my own).

Another thing I noticed, not sure if I'd call it a surprise though, is just how prevalent social networking is. I don't participate generally, but I have friends that are daily regulars on Facebook and similar sites.

As I mentioned throughout previous lessons, I doubt I will apply, at least not immediately anyway, the applications learned here to my job or our organization.

  • What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept
Nothing comes to mind. However, maybe I was just not paying attention in the beginning, but as I mentioned above, I didn't immediately clue in to the structure of this program, namely that Community Development Web 2.0 was piggy backing on the generic Learning 2.0 program. Once I latched onto the Community Development Web 2.0 home page, with its lessons and links to the Learning 2.0 website, the learning was much easier. I was initially just trying to follow a printed page summarizing the lesson objectives, and ended up doing an awful lot of googling to find learning material.
  • And last but not least…If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?

No, probably not. Well, maybe.

I enjoyed reading other posts. It helped me through this.

So now...we wait for the evolution towards Web 3.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care, everyone.
Sandy

No comments: